Repeaters: how they are built, planned, commisioned and used –
Voice repeaters have been with us in UK for almost 50 years a lot has changed in that time. We all are aware of repeaters but how many of us have considered what’s involved in getting one commissioned?
In his presentation, Steve will cover a wide variety of information about repeaters, including the following:
- What is a repeater, even in its most basic form?
- What is required to put a repeater on air?
- Are all repeaters connected to the internet?
- Is it important to support your local repeater group?
- Don’t just listen….put out a call, respond to other people’s calls even if you don’t know them!
- Is a Simplex Gateway an alternative to a voice repeater?
- What does Emerging Technology Co-ordination Committee(ETCC) do?
- Where can you find out more information
As part of the national “Get on the air to care” campaign with the NHS, the RSGB Tonight @ 8 series of live webinars cover a range of topics and help you gain more enjoyment from amateur radio.
Tonight @ 8 webinars are live-streamed, allowing you to watch the presentations and ask questions online. They can also be viewed on a later date on the RSGB website and YouTube.