Starting out on the microwaves bands – Neil G4LDR
‘Starting Out on the Microwave Bands’ will provide basic information needed to understand the microwave bands and how to become operational on them.
Topics covered will include:
- What are the microwave bands
- Propagation properties and microwave beacons
- What classes of licence can use which microwave bands
- Equipment requirements including antennas and transverters
- Examples of typical equipment including simple wideband systems
- Operating on the microwave bands including satellites, contests and activity periods
- Resources to help you get going on the microwave bands
Those who become operational on the microwave bands will find there are plenty of opportunities to try the many aspects of this part of the hobby. These include operating portable from a hill top using relatively simple equipment; satellite operating; DXing; trying different operating modes including CW, voice, digital and even DATV; right through to probably the most challenging part of the hobby, moonbounce or EME.
As part of the national “Get on the air to care” campaign with the NHS, the RSGB Tonight @ 8 series of live webinars cover a range of topics and help you gain more enjoyment from amateur radio.
Tonight @ 8 webinars are live-streamed, allowing you to watch the presentations and ask questions online. They can also be viewed on a later date on the RSGB website and YouTube.